Sunday, May 25, 2014

What is Yesterways WiseCraft Wicca?

I have spoke on this a few times but not sure if I have covered it in a blog post. I do get asked quite often about my "tradition". I generally think of my spirituality more as a *path* than a tradition because a path is more of a winding, meandering course of learning, whereas I think of *tradition* as being a set way of doing things.

Like Wicca, WiseCraft Wicca  follows the Wiccan Rede, it is nature based, believes in a Goddess and God, honors the feminine and masculine equally, follows the Wheel of the Year, celebrates the Esbats and Sabbats, does not proselytize or actively recruit, and uses spellcrafting. It is definitely ecclectic in nature because I take from various sources, keeping what resonates and discarding the rest. So, a person might very well be able to say, that is a Buddhist thing, or Native American thing or Hindu, or shaman etc. If it fits my life, I take it into my lifestyle for as long as it fits. That may be a short while or lifelong. I don't squabble with people about things like this. We are all complex beings composed of our life experiences and acquired knowledge. The broader our exposure, the more we may incorporate into our lifestyle.

Yesterways WiseCraft Wicca also honors the ways of the wise men and women and the more simpler, non-toxic traditions of days gone by. It seeks out herbal remedies and old fashioned healing modalities before the creation of pharmaceuticals and modern medicine practices. That's not to say that I totally discard modern ways but when ever possible, I choose to follow an older more natural method of doing something.

All in all, Yesterways WiseCraft Wicca is in fact a daily way of living that goes beyond just spiritual practices. It lives in harmony with nature, is as green as practicable, lives by the cycles of nature, eats seasonally, grows food when possible, eats as fresh as possible.

Do I live this 100% -- I wish I could say yes. It is a journey and each day I try to get closer to my ideal way of life. This year I am growing my own herbs. It is my first endeavor at Yesterways Cottage since I moved here almost 2 years ago.

And I'm going to be experimenting with making artisan bread. I love bread but don't eat store bought bread. As a consequence, my diet has been sadly lacking in bread. I am really looking forward to having some *real* bread. I'll be sure to make a post on my efforts.

I hope this helped you understand a little bit more about what Yesterways WiseCraft Wicca is all about.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...