Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 33 Count Down to Funky 55

Before long I'll actually be 55. Boy how time flies. Here I am on the ramp at Yesterways Cottage. We had just gotten back from eating Italian food. One of my goals is to eat at home more, and incorporate more vegetables -- preferably those grown myself. My little garden isn't doing well though. But I haven't given up.


This outfit is three pieces -- a skirt, a tank top and then the black sheer blouse over the tank. I really liked that black blouse. I remember when I bought it I was anxious to wear it for some special occasion and I did -- my Father's funeral. That wasn't at all what I had in mind but that's the way it turned out. I figured you couldn't get more special than honoring a deceased loved one. I have to admit, that has sort of tainted my wearing of this blouse. It evokes all the memories connected with Dad's loss. Now that it has been almost 5 years, the painful memories are easing up -- I can remember my Father with joy and actually get to think about him before the pain crashes down. 

The necklace was a neat thing I got in the Bahamas. I have a thing about buying *keepsake* jewelry wherever I go. I still remember my daughter at barely 3 years old with her baby fine hair in Jamaican braids holding a dead crab in her hand and looking all sorrowful. And I remember having her hanging on my back while I was decked out in snorkle gear, bobbing over at the waist to look down into the water. She had her snorkle gear on too but she much prefered riding on my back to shoving her head under water. At 3, she just didn't quite get the hang of using the snorkle tube.

Well, I'm off to finish watching a B movie before curling up and crashing with hubs.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...