Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 15 Count Down to Funky 55

Moving right along to Day 15 Count Down to Funky 55. Fashion for today is a neutral colored *shift* -- do they still call them that? It is just a *hang* dress -- sleeveless tank that just hangs loose from the shoulders. What saves this dress in my humble opinion is the neutral color and the layers of lace. The bodice of the dress has lace and then the body of the dress has lace strip inserts to break up all that neutral color. So it gives it texture and pizazz -- or so I think anyway. But then, I found a lace over top and I was like WOW! Of course it goes with this! So I threw it on over the tank dress to ratchet it up a bit. And then a dangle type shawl -- actually it isn't really wide enough to be a shawl so maybe it is actually more appropriately a *scarf*. I really don't know. It is a mixture of neutral colored frill of lace, plain material and dangly fringe. So, of course, I tossed it into the mix. And you get this look!


I took the scarf off in the photo below and stood up against the *orange* wall. It was much brighter on location than it appears to be in this photo. Kind of a rich terra cotta shade. I thought it would perfectly accentuate the neutral palate of the outfit. But in all honesty, I kind of like the first photo better -- probably because of the Sun art above my head. These photos were taken at our local Mexican restaurant. I LOVE their food. We eat there numerous times a week.


Shoes are the same simple brown wedge sandals I have worn before. And the jewelry is something I bought at a craft fair - the earrings and matching necklace that is --  are stone. Agates of some sort probably but I'm not really sure. I just loved the color and when I saw them, they wanted to come home with me so I said yes. The longer necklace is just some sort of blingy thing I grabbed off a sale rack in New Orleans. The colors of the pieces all seemed to blend and go with the outfit so I threw them on.

The head piece is gold painted metal with faux diamond sets. I think it was supposed to look like a bridal head piece. I just thought it went with everything and I usually don't wear it much so today it got out of the house.  So, dinner and a trip to the library and that was the big outing for today. I love days with hubby. They are low key but fun. And he is always worth dressing up for. :)

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...