Monday, May 19, 2014

Day 22 Count Down to Funky 55

Day 22 starts out having lunch with hubs and our grandaughter Miss Peach. She has discovered the joys of chomping on pizza crust now that she has 4 teeth, two in top, two in bottom. And she isn't afraid to use them either! She pulled my knuckle into her mouth and it only took me half a second to realize as she was chomping down that if I let her get a full blown bite I might end up missing a finger! Babies have strong jaws!!!!

Peach gnoshing away on her crust. She was a happy little camper! What pizza crust didn't satisfy, chocolate pudding and that jello salad took care of.

I guess my style today is *boho*?  Actually, that would be my style on most days really. I like to refer to myself as the *Gypsy GiGi*. This photo is in the post because I love murals and this one showed it off rather nicely. If you look beyond the light you can see the leaning tower of pizza nestled in a little Italian village.
 
 The black lace "top" I have on here is actually a mini dress! Needless to say, my days of wearing mini dresses with my bare legs shining are far behind me but pressed into service as tunic tops, they serve me quite well.  So, when I shop, I do look at mini dresses to see if there is anything cool and funky that I can use as a tunic top.  To break up the solid black topside, I wore my black lace shawl with pretty purplish sequins on it. I'm really not sure what color they really are but I figured they blended with this outfit good enough.


I did my usual layering of skirts. The colorful purple & black skirt with a tulle ruffle is being worn over a solid black skirt with a tiny row of double ruffles. The is photo shows you more clearly what the hemline looked like.

Normally I would have been wearing my large crystal and my amethyst set for jewelry. However, as I may have mentioned before, I accidentally tossed it in the trash. Long story and my heart seizes every time I think about it. Sigh..... Instead, I am wearing a piece I bought on vacation about 10 years ago in an antique shop. This was some sort of *estate piece* that reminded me of Victorian times. I suppose a Gypsy might wear something like it. This Gypsy did today. 


Unfortunately, the antique shop did not have any type of coordinating earrings so I just wore some glass bead dangles with it. Looked good enough to me.

I just realized I didn't take photos of my feet. I had on my black *combat boots* for lack of a better description. I wear them often so photos will pop up between now and day 55.

And there you have the funky fashion for Day 22.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...