CLEANSING A HOUSE
Things You'll Need
- Charged water and salt mixture (separate bowls with a small amount of water in one and plain salt in the other)
- Sage bundle to burn (you can use Sage incense...)
- Optional – Rattle or other noise maker (even wooden spoon and heavy pot to bang on will work)
- Optional but recommended – Crystal chips (Amethyst is really good)
- Small nightlights or white candles (enough for every room)
- Incense – I like to use Nag Champa but Patchouli is also good and Sandalwood too
- Physically clean your house getting rid of all junk and clutter. if there is something you have brought into your home from somewhere else, consider whether it could be an item that has a spirit or bad energy attached. Remove it from your house to test -- if the problem goes away, permanently get rid of the item(s)
- Create *Holy Water* - Gently pour the water into the salt, adding a prayer or invocation. Example: "May blending the elements of pure salt to preserve the sanctity and pure water cleanse this space, be blessed in the Name of ........." (here add your own prayer or finish the invocation to whichever deity you have belief in). Do this in a sacred and meaningful way, in the knowledge that you are creating a powerful medicine to cleanse and heal your home. (You can also purify and energize your water under the Full Moon before using if you have time)
- Doing one room at a time – take the water and either using your fingers or a little brush, sprinkle the holy water around the walls, every door and every window. Don't forget corners, behind large furniture, closets or high shelves within a closet. Make sure that everywhere has been treated.
- After using the salt/holy water in the room, take your rattle/noise maker and go everywhere in the room, high and low, corners, etc. This breaks up stagnant energy.
- Take your Sage bundle now and pass the smoke all around the room, high and low, in the corners, behind things etc. – this drives out bad energies.
- If you are using crystal/amethyst chips, you would now place them in the window sills and over doorways.
- Pour the remaining salt/water mixture in a line in front of any doors leading in and out of the building. As you do so be sure to recite the names of all who live in the house and all those whom you wish to pass freely in and out, including all pets that need to go in and out. This allows them to move with ease across the boundaries that you are setting up.
- Go back into the house, and in each room light a small white candle and some incense. Leave both to burn out to the end.