Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 21 Count Down to Funky 55

Glad to see you are still hanging with me on my journey to age 55!  Today we went to lunch at Cowboy's Barbeque. I love the smell of burning wood used to smoke the meat. What a dreamy smell. Transports me back to another life in the old days on the trail, tending cows. It is amazing the memories that smells can evoke. I tried to go all hollywood on this post and put the photos side by side to make a shorter post but the pictures got tiny and text got out of bounds and well, UGH! So I just did a straight roll. Now, let's get on with it, shall we?

Display of Cowboy Memorabilia by our booth. Lots of well worn hats.


Display by the exit - lots of brands burned into the wall. And lots of famous cowboys - George Strait!



Anticipating the meal. Look at our 1950s style cowboy print on the table cloth.



The food has arrived! I had pulled pork, smoked chicken breast, fried okra and fried corn on the cob. YUM! And don't forget the pickles and onions. Or the Iced Tea -- I drink mine half and half -- can't handle the super sweet of the deep south. LOL

And here is looking out across the room from our table. Lots and lots of things to look at while you wait on your food. Also, festive lights year round.

Once the meal was over, we got down to taking photos of today's funky fashion.


I had on my dragonfly sun dress with a little red bolero jacket over it to cover my bare shoulders. And the hair is my red and black wig. I like the way the red mingles. Click the photo for a bigger look.


Because it was a chilly day, I had one of my shawls. This one is reversible. I had the gray side out with black trim. Black just seemed a bit harsh for spring. But had it been night time, I would have done the black side. Somewhere there is a method to that madness. LOL 


And let's not forget my lovely suede boots. I don't know that they classify as *cowboy boots* but they are darn close. And they sure felt good on a chilly day.


Took this shot outside by their sign. It was the only sign I could find that showed where I was and it was by the back door. It worked. :) Hmmmm, are my eyes closed? They might be. Oh well...

This is a shot of the broody sky that was promising a storm was moving in on us. And boy did it just a few moments later. Pouring down rain and smacking us with sleet to boot. So, off to the house 
we went to burrow in for a warm snug evening.

And that was Day 21 of Count Down to Funky 55.  See you again tomorrow!

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be,
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...