Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 13 Count Down to Funky 55

Welcome to Day 13 of Count Down to Funky 55! I have had wigs and headbands so how about a hat? I bought this hat many years ago at a junket shop. It is some sort of *fur* felt hat. I liked it because it is easy to change the shape. You can't see in this photo, but I have one side pinned up with a nice broach that I also bought at a junket shop. 

I have on the crystal wand necklace with the green Aventurine beads here but the earrings are 99 cent store finds. I also have them in pink so you will see those float through my wardrobe at some point. The vest -- oh my how I LOVE this vest. It goes with everything. And it is so *unconventional*. I fell in love the moment I saw it hanging in the Maurice's store. Sadly, I paid more than I normally would for an article of clothing -- I am big on $20 or less, so sale racks and second shops are my main stay places of purchases. But this one was a never before worn fresh off the rack, regular price item. And I wear the dickens out of that thing. Bet you didn't know it had dickens in it did you? Ok, so I'll stop being silly. I do wear this vest with many many many outfits. It just goes with everything it seems like.

The dress I am wearing here actually has that little lift in the front to your knees that is supposed to show off your *beautiful* legs and then trails behind. Well, pooh on the showing of beautiful legs -- to me it is an opportunity to showcase an underskirt. So the underskirt here is a camoflage ruffled tier skirt. Goes perfect with the upper dress which is genuine patchwork. And I almost forgot, that dress is also a full price item from a shop in New Orleans. I couldn't help myself. I was working then and thought, hey, why not? And so I did. The black under blouse is a crop top -- egads that I would ever wear one and hang my tummy out to the world - GASP! But it is perfect to go under things. The shirt part is unremarkable black t-shirt material but the sleeves are cool burn out lace I think it is is called. So, it looks pretty awesome under stuff. Like the vest, that little black crop top gets a work out through my wardrobe. It is one of the best uses of 99 cents I ever spent. Oh, yes, the 99 cent shop sometimes has clothes -- not often does it have anything of interest but this was one of those flukes. I am glad me and it crossed paths that day. My only regret is that they didn't have more colors. A white or red one could have been very nice additions to the wardrobe.


Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...