Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 23 Count Down to Funky 55

Today we will start with the boots since I forgot to show them yesterday. I have a few different pairs of boots that are similar in style but this particular pair gets worn on a regular basis. In fact, I'm seeing a little wear around the toe. Oh no! Say it isn't so! Will have to pull out another pair and keep a watchful eye for a replacement pair for these. There's lots of wear left in this pair yet so I have plenty of time.


They are an inexpensive vinyl pair of boots that lace up the front but thankfully have a zipper on the sides so you don't have to be bothered to lace and unlace with each wear. I also like the chunky heel and the treaded non-slip soul. And that bit of sock around the top of them is wonderful! It keeps them from chafing my legs. I have a leather pair similar to these that doesn't have that and I have a blister on my legs every time where the top part of the zipper rubs me raw. This photo was taking in the sitting room of Yesterways Cottage. This gorgeous hard wood floor was hidden away under yucky carpet. It is taking a while to clean all the carpet glue trails off the wood. Once that happens, I'll be ready to prep the floor for finishing. I do believe this floor is from the 30s back when they still used shellac rather than the poly finishes they use today. Maybe I will put shellac back on it and stay historic. We will see. Now, on with funky fashion.


Let's start with a close up on the porch of Yesterways Cottage. My natural gray hair with a head band. I have two that are similar but this one is my favorite. Same jewelry as yesterday. The color was right and it was handy. Perfect for someone in a hurry. Miss Peach is here today and she doesn't like to be kept waiting.


Here is a full length look by the rose bush. The dress is high enough off the ground that the boots show a bit and I don't have to worry about stepping on the dress. It might seem counter intuitive but dresses like this are much cooler for me than wearing shorts or pants in the summer time. Lots of freedom of movement and the air circulates. It's just very very nice. The jacket/vest/shawl thing is an unusual thing. I think I might have gotten it from the Pyramid Collection catalog but I'm not certain.


Here is how it looks from behind. It has a sort of shawl collar with a braided fringe all around it. I like the length of it. Gives privacy to the curvature of the caboose. LOL


I tried holding it up so you could see what it looks like when you put it on. It is a rather odd shaped flat thing with two holes in it. Unfortunately, you can only see one arm hole in this photo. I grab it by the arm holes and swing it up and around to put it on. That probably looses something in the translation but that is the only way I can put it on. It would probably take a video for that to make sense. Maybe next time.

And that was Day 23 Funky Fashion. We're getting close to the half way mark of 55. Yeah! I'm having fun. Hope you are enjoying my daily silliness on my count down to age 55. A young friend asked me what the big deal was about turning 55. Hmmm, I guess mostly because I'm still alive, have good health, have a wonderful husband to share my life with, a beautiful daughter that has given me two beautiful grand children. Life is good! 

If you review the symbolism of the number 55 (see here), it is perfect with where I am in life. I am letting go of my old way of life and living and embracing change. I went from full time working to being a full time home maker. I spend time with my grandkids and dote on my husband. Actually, I need to do better about doting on my hubs. He truly is an awesome man and deserves much more doting than he gets. I can't go on too much about how wonderful he is -- don't want anyone to get ideas. ;p

Until tomorrow,

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...