Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 18 Count Down to Funky 55

Went out for Italian food and then to buy a wireless mouse for my computer. As I walked through Best Buy one of the clerks shouted across the store, "Hey, I love your hair!" It rather startled me and made me feel a bit awkward but you have to expect things like that if you are going to have blue hair. LOL The clerk came up to get a closer look and asked me what color it was. I was at a loss -- I just looked at the photo when I ordered the wig and never thought about the name of it. I can't even tell you the style of the wig other than I know it was a *cosplay* wig. I told him it was light blue and he was let down -- I think he was expecting some really cool name like *galactic star blue* or something. Don't even know if that would be a good name for this color but I was grabbing at straws. I also think he thought it was my natural hair dyed blue. I didn't tell him it was a wig. I had to break down and cut the bangs on this wig. I couldn't stand the flop of hair in my eyes -- have never been able to stand that. It either has to stand straight up or be bangs but nothing hanging in front of the eyes. I would make a horrible emo hair person.

At another store to grab some cleaning products before heading home, a lady came up to me and said "I love your hair! How did you do it?" I felt awkward but I confessed to her that it was a wig. She was genuinely disappointed. I told her I was trying it out to see if I would like the color and see how people would act seeing me with blue hair. She said, "Well, I like it, it looks really cool." Maybe some day I really will bleach my gray and splash it with this bright blue. Or maybe I will just stick with wigs and change them out depending on mood and outfits.


Even though we made the rounds about town, we ended up taking the photo in the backyard in the Pecan Tree graveyard. I'm perched atop one of the largest hunks of the tree. And because I didn't get the logs all up before Spring, the grass has grown up and it looks like a field. For me that is cool but if the City Officials could see inside our privacy fence, they would come down on us with both boots and demand it all be cut or we'd be fined. Sigh. So, I am working on it bit by bit. It's going to take a while though.

The shirt I have on is one of those flutter tail shirts and for whatever the reason, the neck is way, way, way too big. It doesn't cover a thing, so I always have to wear a shirt of some sort under it. Today I had on a lace tank that I have had so long that I don't remember where I got it. It's a v-neck so it fills in the oversized scoop of the blouse and would leave a nice area for a necklace -- but I didn't wear one today. It's pretty unusual for me not to have jewelry on but I was hungry and didn't bother. The blouse is nice shades of blues and greens and has a large butterfly on it which you can't really see in this photo, but trust me, it's there.

The jeans are Wranglers with the button up fly. You don't see those much any more. Plus they have a tall waist so it sort of girdles the loose stomach into a nice firm look. Daughter calls them *mom jeans* because they are *out of style* says she. But seriously the barely there low cut jeans where you have to tug them up every 5 seconds just really doesn't work for me. I can't stand feeling like my pants are going to fall off plus they hit right on my c-section incision and that really hurts. Sorry if that was TMI.


This selfie shows the neckline of the shirt and how the lace undershirt filled it in. It also gives a close up of my cut bangs. They are a bit butch whacked but oh well, it's all good. And last, but not least, it shows the man of the house, my photographer, husband and love of my life. He is my Knight Protector and I am his Lady of the Lost Heart. He is unbelievably good to me and rolls with all my weirdness. Gotta love that!

And this concludes Day 18 of Count Down to Funky 55. Just 37 more to go.....

Bright Blessings,
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...