It's common place to review the past year on New Year's Eve and then make resolutions for the upcoming year. For me, the key is to make *realistic* resolutions. I could make a resolution that I'm going to make $1 Million Dollars in 2015, but unless I sincerely have a plan to do it or am willing to work at making a plan to do it, such a resolution is pointless. What I could do though is say I'm going to work on my prosperity in 2015 and then figure out what that means and how I can accomplish it. I can spend less by trimming expenses so that I end up with more money. I could work more hours. I could switch jobs. There are lots of things I could do to increase prosperity. The point is, resolutions have to have a plan to back them up or else they are just wishes or just an activity to do on New Year's Eve.
Here are my resolutions for the New Year:
- Make sure my loved ones know how much they mean to me and that I love them
- Find joy and happiness in all that I do
- Find time to read everyday
- Stay in touch with friends more frequently
- Advance on my spiritual path
- Always be open to opportunities in whatever form they present themselves
Happy New Year and Bright Blessings to All!