Thursday, May 29, 2014

Smelling Good with Vinegar

I know right? Who would ever think that vinegar can make your house smell good but I'm telling you, it really, really works. I mentioned in one of my Count Down to Funky 55 posts that I have been researching homemade household cleaners. I really have been enjoying it and to be truthful, it is pretty simple and very fulfilling.

Yesterday, I cleansed my stove top and had it sparkling very nicely. The day before that, I wiped down my refrigerator and had it looking very nicely. I did all of this with vinegar as the base of my cleaner and added essential oils to it. The EOs that I used for this project were Rosemary and Lemongrass. I love the scent of both of those. Rosemary is antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral and bug repellant. That's some good *anti* stuff going on right there. The Lemongrass is antimicrobial, fungicidal and insecticidal. With the combo of vinegar, rosemary and lemongrass, I had a very powerful cleaning solution that was good on multiple levels: a degreaser, a bug repellant, sterilizing, and air purifying. It was really nice to do something so hands on that was worthwhile.

Now instead of pets and litterbox smell, I have a lovely herbal smelling home!

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...