Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 28 Count Down to Funky 55

We're now up to Day 28 of Count Down to Funky 55. Here I am cheesing it up holding my precious Miss Peach.  She was taking a quick little cat nap after her performances at the Pageant waiting for crowning and awards. This is day 2 of my new hair cut and I really do think I am liking it. In a way, it reminds me of a man's flat top hair cut from the 50s. All I can say is it feels good and is easy to take care of. 


I seem to wear a lot of black. Not exactly sure why that is -- it wasn't something I set out to do on purpose but it just seems to turn out that a lot of things my size come in black. Hmmmmm, maybe I am at that size where fashion wear decides we need to look slimmer? They say black makes a person slimmer but I don't know. I don't worry too much about fashion rules. You'll find me in wild colors just as quickly as you'll find me in black. If I can mix the two I like it even better. The top I have on is actually a blouse worn under --- you guessed it! -- another mini dress worn as a tunic top over black jeans. You'll see the full length photo below. The thing about the dress was I got it on a sale rack because the beading had been damaged a bit. It isn't very noticeable unless you are purposely looking for it. If someone is looking at my chest that hard, they are looking too dang hard! Just saying....  The blouse I had on underneath is just a simple thing I picked up at Wal-Mart. I know, I should hang my head in shame but I used to shop there a lot. Now I only go there when I have to. I hate the over sized, over crowded aisles with people standing in never ending lines waiting to get out. So, yeah, I have better things to do with my time than stand in one of the 3 open cashiers out of 25 available. Yes, that was being snarky....


Just for a bit of story, grandson Little Rudy was with us today. And he was making sure he was full front and center. He actually enjoyed having the attention of all the cute girls. He is definitely going to be a charmer. The girls were grouping up for a crowning shot and there he is up in the middle of them. Numerous shots were being snapped by the director and mothers before someone said, hey, there's a boy in the photo. His mommy had told him he was to support his sister and love her and make her feel good and clap for her. And to wear his big brother support shirt. And there he was, doing every bit of that. He kissed her every time she came off stage. A couple of times he pranced onto the stage with her. And once, during a break, he got up on stage and did himself a little jig and strutting his stuff for the girls. He actually snagged him one too. It is for certain that he digs older women. We'll see how that works out for him over the years to come. LOL


Here is Miss Peach with her first crown. She grabbed hold of it and wasn't going to let anyone have it back for any reason -- not even to get another crown! When it was over she had 3 crowns, 3 sashes, a big trophy, a treat bag, some jewelry and.... I can't remember the rest. She never really knew about the treat bag. As you can see in the back ground, brother snagged it and claimed it as his own. He very much enjoyed the contents. Way to go Little Rudy. Being a brother and supporting sister at her events has its perks.


Here I am 14 hours later back at Yesterways Cottage. You can see the full outfit from head to toe. And yes, I am wearing those fun tennies (trainers for my UK friends) again. I think I'm kind of hooked on them. I had an awesome day with daugther and the kiddos but it was good to be home. Took a hot bath, wrote this post and then adios -- good night to all.

See you tomorrow.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...