Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 31 Count Down to Funky 55

Today is Day 31 of Count Down to Funky 55. I started off the day early in my wolf shirt. I had to go for a follow up mamogram from last year because they found some dense tissue last year that they are keeping an eye on. I don't sense anything *wrong* so I haven't been worried. Just one of those better safe than sorry things. After the smash party at the hospital, I went on a shopping spree. Well, more of a look-see than a spree. We are now at the end of the month which means also at the end of the money so I could only bruise the check book very very gently. Oddly enough, that meant I wouldn't spend on myself so I passed on a pair of high top shoes that were really, really very cool looking. I'm telling myself they were more fashionable than functional - that way it gives extra oomph to the pass. But I managed to get my shopping fix in all the while going gently on the check book by hitting some sale racks and buying goodies for the grand babies. I know they don't need a thing -- their mommy dotes on them quite well so it was really more of a feel good thing for me. But I know they will love the stuff I got them. Little Rudy got a little 4 piece business suit and two swimsuits. Miss Peach got a cute romper, and two swimsuits. I'm really looking forward to giving it to them when they come to stay with me this Friday night.


As you can see in this photo, I don't have on my wolf shirt anymore. Instead I have a patriotic *love freedom* shirt on. Yep, I admit I did sneak me a tiny purchase. But it was deeply discounted and I passed on the shoes. Credit where credit is due, right?

I sported this new t-shirt when we went out to eat at hubs favorite diner. He had waited two weeks for it to reopen after being closed for vacation. He gets something called the Lt. Sam which is a chili burger with cheese and fries and Fritos -- all on the plate together slathered in chili.  A rather unappealing food to me but he LOVES it. I got the cheeseburger and  *spanish fries* which is french fries (chips?) fried with jalapeno pepper slices and onions. Now THAT is good eating. 

Afterwards we went to Walgreens and I ferreted out some Dr. Bonner's lavender castille soap. I am researching green cleaners and every recipe seemed to start with castille soap. Now I am one ingredient closer to making my own cleaners. I actually have several of the others already from prior experiments: Soda Ash, Borax, Zote Bars, Vinegar, and now Castille soap. Plus I have essential oils galore so lots of combinations available there. I have read articles online all afternoon and into the evening until my eyes are rolling back in my head. It can be done as a liquid, or grated as a powder. Big batches, little batches. More for dirty loads of laundry, less for HE loads. DON'T mix vinegar with castille soap -- the vinegar pulls the soap apart and turns it back into oil and makes everything very very nasty. Also castille soap will leave horrendous white spots on everything if you have hard water. Yada, yada, yada -- you get the idea. I am totally overwhelmed and still have 12 browser tabs open reading, reading, reading about making *green* home made cleaners. At some point, the reading has to stop and the doing has to begin.

As soon as I actually create something with all these ingredients I have accumulated, I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...