Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 16 Count Down to Funky 55

Day 16 of the Count Down to Funky 55. Sadly the photos for today aren't that great. I was so busy having fun with the grandkids and husband that I didn't realize until afterwards that the photos were a fail as far as fashion goes. But here they are just the same. You can see enough to know that I have on a red curly wig. It is supposed to be cropped tight around ears and back with a big flop of curls on top. Me being the weird me that I am, I decided I liked the cropped part in the front and sides with the big flop of curls to the back. Yep, I wore the wig backwards. Hats get worn backwards, right? So I figured wigs could to. And by doing so, I get two totally different looks out of the same wig with no fuss and no muss.

In this photo I was trying to get down close to granddaughter so that she and I were in the same photo. We had just gotten there and she was settled n good and happy, so I didn't want to disturb her by dragging her out for a photo just to stick her back in her carriage again. She has been having a hard time teething and can really blow out her lungs when she is unhappy. So, yes, this tiny tot makes adults run into walls trying to keep her happy. She will be a commanding little woman when she is grown. LOL She is adorable though. Her smile and she coos at you and now she realizes she can reach for you and be taken. So, when she is happy, she is the sweetest thing on earth. That is why I call her Miss Peach.

Here she blesses me with a smile. So adorable. And we are so excited. She is a pageant baby and will be going to the Nationals for Little Miss America. Yes, GiGi had to get some brags in there.


Grandson is on his little trike stroller with a makeshift shade from an umbrella compliments of Grandpa Gunny. He is another bundle of sweetness and catching on to the gift of gab. His vocabulary increases daily. If he hears it, he can repeat it - and yes, we must beware of our words now. Things he has heard for a long time are popping out now and occasionally not such good things. Thankfully, if he doesn't hear reinforcement of the bad things, he forgets them. He  has us grown ups on our toes with our language and just plain keeping up with him. He is fast, fast, fast.

But let's talk about the clothes since we already discussed the wig. I have on my Ren Faire over dress. Not sure what name they might have. The one I have on is green and black and for whatever reason, they gave me a peach ribbon to lace it with which I've never replaced. So, in keeping with that, I wore a sundress under it that had peach in it. I actually have an under dress that was made to go with it but I bought it at a faire that ran in the fall so it was long sleeved and not so great for a summer faire like ours. Well, I suppose technically it is only spring but when it is hot, it is hot -- and this day it was HOT!


The thing about the sundress underneath is that the top is too big so it doesn't want to stay up. I was going to take it in or put elastic in it or something to fix it but just never got around to it. Using it like this cured the problem. With those laces, nothing was going anywhere. However, the part in the front could dump out the girls if I wasn't careful so I fixed that by wearing a black sports bra. That gave me a neckline to contrast the pink sweetheart neckline of the sundress. Overall it looked pretty nice. I am sincerely sorry that I don't have great photos but this last one with Grandson was good enough to show what I mean.

One thing I will say, think things through carefully on a hot day when wearing a wig and layers of clothing. I got very hot very quickly. The laces were tight and caused shallow breathing so I was a bit on the miserable side and tired quickly. But for the short time we were there with the grandkids, we all had a blast. Looking forward to next year already.

Bright blessings,
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...