Friday, May 2, 2014

Lavender for Calming & Healing

Lavender is one of my very favorite herbs. You either love the smell or hate it. I just happen to LOVE it. This year I planted a Lavender plant in my front garden. So far, it is doing well. I will have to keep an eye on it and make certain it gets plenty of water once the spring rains dry up.

My favorite way to use herbs is as essential oils. Lavender is a great calming herb and a few drops in the bath can be quite relaxing.  I also like to put a couple of drops on the collar/neckline of my shirt so that I get a whiff of it throughout the day. Placing a few drops on my pillow makes for a deep restful sleep.

Lavender oil is also one of my favorite healing remedies. I use it on insect bites, scratches, cuts, cold sores -- almost any type wound as long as it isn't a deep open wound.

And as a flavoring in tea, you can't beat Lavender. My favorite hot tea of all time is Lavender Earl Grey tea. YUM!

Here is a nice article for further reading on Lavender Oil:

 13 Uses For Lavender Oil: The Only Essential Oil You'll Need


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...