Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Day 17 Count Down to Funky 55

Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! Day 17 of Count Down to Funky 55 is all about the shoes! Here we are at a Long John Silver's / A&W Diner. It has the old time 50's Rock and Roll feel with a sea coast flair for the seating. Hubs likes the burgers of A&W menu and I got the fish and chicken on the LJS menu. We both go for the A&W rootbeer. That was the 5 hour drink we had when first dating many years ago. We went to a museum that day, then to dinner, and then to the mall where we bought a rootbeer. We sat down to talk and next thing we knew, the mall was closing. The time had flown by. We knew we were a good match if we could get lost in time and spend hours chatting and enjoying each other's company. Plus we both loved nerdy things like history and museums and BOOKS! Oh, the love of books we have!


Here I tried to figure out a cool way to show case the shoes on my feet. It isn't really all that cool a shot but hey, it was comfy having my legs tossed across hubby's lap, so what can I say. And he loved helping out. He is like that. He treats me like a queen and no matter how silly my antics, he indulges me. Gotta love a man like that. He is definitely a keeper. It is my one goal to love him always and never abuse him or take him for granted. I don't ever want to cause him to withdraw his love for me. It is a gift he chooses to give me each day and I always want to be worthy of receiving it.


Now that the mushy, gushy stuff is over (but beware, it will come about again in future posts because I love the man so much!) here is a close up shot of the shoes. I like that the laces don't have to be done and undone every time I take them on and off thanks to the little side zipper. Aren't these adorable? And sort of like our old PF Flyers back in the day (anyone remember those? do they still exist I wonder?) except they are glittery and pink and black and have a wedge instead of flat souls.

And so that was my funky fashion of the day. I think tomorrow I will show you another pair of shoes I love. :)

Bright Blessings,
Rayven Michaels




No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...