Sunday, May 11, 2014

Day 14 Count Down to Funky 55

Here I am at the local Ren Faire one of my all time favorite places to be which is why I chose to live where I am now. Got the gray hair shining and topped off with a black rose and feather head band. Got that inexpensively from the Dollar General -- cost more than 99 cents but was under $5 so it was all good. The dress here is kind of dark for spring wear but oh well, it was new and I was itching to wear it, so I did. Rules are made to be broken, right? It is a kick front dress - guess that is as good as anything to call it -- so I am wearing a black under skirt that I have had for YEARS! If you keep something long enough it always comes back into fashion, yes? I like the way the over dress has a *beetle wing* look over the skirt. And the black lace bolero was to protect my shoulders. The back of the dress actually has a braided strip up the shoulders leaving a very open back so I would have burned horribly on such a warm sunshiny day so it was good to have. Plus it completed the look and balanced everything -- in my opinion anyway. And since it me wearing it, my opinion counts, right? LOL


The belt! Yes, the belt! I got it on sale at K-Mart a couple of years back. The irritating part was they didn't have one *exactly* my size so I bought one too big. I questioned myself about that but I LOVED the style of it and I just couldn't say no. But it was TOO BIG! What the heck was I thinking? Well, my subconscious knew that if layers of clothes were underneath, it would be perfectly sized and not binding to wear -- so TA DA!!! It is perfect, being too big and all! So, yes, if I have on a t-shirt and put it on it sort of droops and looks silly, but in outfits like this with layers of clothes, it looks perfect. Never under estimate the power of intuition. Or just stick to your guns about impulse purchases -- they will work out somehow. Maybe... sort of. If not, there is a place in the bottom of the closet where all worthless things go to live in anonymity to hide your shameful deed. LOL

The earrings were another 99 cent shop purchase. Sort of wood leaf shapes with metal blings hanging over them. One solid silver, the other a pretty glitter of bronze colors. My Dad would have called them fishing lures. I suppose they do resemble them.  The necklace is from a junket shop. I love that HUGE medallion. It is heavy too. I think it will eventually break the strand it is hanging on so I am plotting how to make a hanger to slide over the beads and let the weight of the medallion hang from that and let ALL the beads carry the weight. It is a *one of these days* project -- hopefully in time to save the bead strand from breaking.

Shoes.... well, I can't talk much about the *beauty* of the shoes. They were dowdy ones aimed more for the comfort of walking than for the allure of fashion. I have to say though they have been one of the best purchases I have made in shoes in a long time. AND they were CHEAP. AND they were LEATHER! Only $7 on a deeply discounted rack. So, yep, was a decent purchase for the budget. They look good with pants and when worn under long skirts they do my feet well when walking is involved. So, yes, they deserve honorable mention and sometime in other posts, I will let you see them.


After we got home, I realized that one of my mini Witch hats perfectly matched this outfit! SWEET! So, here it is perched atop my head in its rightful place. I am sitting on the *Pig Bench* in my living room with my darling Corgey/Daschund mix Rex nestled in my lap.

And there you have it, fashion of Day 14 Count Down to Funky 55.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...