Thursday, June 12, 2014

Day 46 Count Down to Funky 55



Everything was black and white today. I wore my black and white maxi sun dress with a black lace jacket to cover my shoulders. If you remember, I always wear a jacket, shawl or wider sleeveless vest to cover my bare shoulders. The dress is thin so I wore one of my black skirts underneath. I wore my black roman sandals again which made the sundress a tad long.  The black skirt had a beautiful ruffle on the bottom so I had a plan. I found myself a couple of safety pins and I hitched up the sundress and pinned it at the seams on the side up high where the vest would cover it. I could have been fancy and pinned it on the inside but I figured what the heck, the vest covers it and I won't be taking the vest off, so, it's all good -- and it was. This kept me from trampling the dress and tearing it or throwing myself down. Many is the time that a quick stitch, a broach or safety pin has altered a dress for wearing. One time I ruched a plain neckline with a broach to create a sweetheart neckline. Made all the difference in the world! So many little tricks you learn as a costumer. And all of it temporary and changeable so that you don't ruin the dress or make it permanent which makes it a more versatile outfit.


The necklace I wore was an intriguing thing made from strips of stretchy cloth that when pulled rolled in on itself. They do t-shirts that way and make neat things. On this one, they put little pearls clipped onto randomly. I really liked that. It sort of kicked it up a notch. I have always thought it would be a neat way to track students and how many Moon Rituals they have attended by giving them a bead to clip onto something like this. Yes, I'm always scheming and dreaming and such.

Which reminds me, I'm planning a pageant now. It will be in September and it's going to be fun. Details on that another time.

And this was it for Day 46.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...