Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 39 Count Down to Funky 55

Today I am high in the sky at the park amphitheater. The view is stunning from there. I was a bit disappointed that the trees all budded out blocked it. I will have to go again in the fall when the trees are bare and get another photo so you can see it. Maybe I can even get a night shot -- it is breath taking for sure in the night. But I'm not sure if my camera can do that. Oh well, we will cross that bridge when the time comes.


The vest and white pants are something I bought while living in New Orleans for our Coven's visit to the grave of Marie Leveaux. And of course, I have on another of my Halloween shirt purchases. Some people have *Christmas in July* -- I have Halloween year around. :)


Here I was walking around the perimeter of the amphitheater stage to see if there was a different vantage point to see the town and let you see how high up I was. Hubs, ever the faithful camera operator was snapping away and caught me in mid-stride. 

 Here is what the stage looked like. Not sure when it was built. I figured it was a WPA or CCC project from the 1930s. Doesn't really matter, I think it is an awesome thing. I don't know if it is used anymore. However, the modern looking bleacher seats that have been anchored down onto the original concrete seating risers makes me think it has been used in more recent times. What an awesome place this would be for Full Moon Ritual! But as part of the park, it is probably closed at night. Sigh.....

 This is a view of the bleacher seats that have been anchored onto the concrete risers.



And this is the best I could do to show you the view. As you can see, the trees block quite a bit of the view. But with my trusty zoom, I was able to capture some of it.

Being outside really got me itching to be outside. So, I had to string up a rope clothesline so I could hang laundry out to dry. I put one up when I first got here two years ago but we had the fence replaced. Since I had it attached to the old fencing, it all came down when the new fence replaced it last fall. And lazy me hadn't bothered to replace it because it was winter time. Well, it isn't winter anymore and it with the rains letting up, it was time to get a new clothes line up. Three loads of laundry washed AND folded and still going strong. :) For some reason if I do laundry and use the dryer, I just let it sit, and sit, and sit and sit and the whole laundry process jams up because I don't ever get around to taking things out of the dryer. Then they get wrinkled so I run the dryer to give them a hot *touch up* -- then let them sit and sit and sit. Yeah, bad, bad, bad. But with a clothes line, I don't do that. It is wash, hang, fold, put away. Go figure. Why ask why, right?

And that is it for Day 39 Count Down to Funky 55.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...