Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 41 Count Down to Funky 55

Hello from the Speedway Grill! You can't see them super well but all those photos in the background are race car photos from over the years. When you live in Southern United States, you have guys having affairs with their first loves -- CARS! I like going to this diner because of all the photos. It covers cars through the decades.


I think the proper description of this shirt is *tunic with cape wing sleeves*. I just love that gorgeous bold floral design. And I like the flowy feel of it. The neck is big and the fabric is sheer so I wear a little black tank shirt under it.


Here I am in the back corner hanging with the race car drivers. They don't eat much and they're pretty quiet. But they will stand all day long and let you take photos with them. (big wink) In this photo you can see that I am wearing a black skirt. I had my boots on today because it rained.


Check out the view. I like the checkered floor and the contrast of the red walls. All part of the speed way theme. They got new curtains too that are checked like the floor. Before that it was a mix match of checks and race car prints. In a way I liked the two different kinds -- but they were getting old and shabby and the new ones look sharp and crisp. Gotta change with the times.


This is the diner's sign when you first come in and some signed and autographed racing plaques. If I were more knowledgeable about racing I might could tell you who they are. I'll just say *ooo, neat!*, hang my head and move on. :)



This was more racing photos on the wall by the door. Hubs was a moving target and just when I thought he was out of frame, he darted back in. Living with cats does that to people. You find yourself square dancing around each other and trying to dart out of one another's way but instead circumventing each other's efforts. But in this instance I win - I got a picture of hubs! He rarely stands still for photos. And when he does he gets that stern Gunny look.

We actually have a Speedway aka race track here in town. On Friday and Saturday nights can I can hear the cars humming around the tracks. One of these days hubs and I will have to break down and go watch a race. I went a few times when I was younger while visiting in Iowa. It was fun. I'm sure this would be fun to. Something to add to the To Do list.

And that was today. Tomorrow I am going to go sit with my grandchildren so we'll see what the three of us can get into and up to. It's going to be fun.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...