Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 42 Count Down to Funky 55

I'm up burning the midnight oil but finally getting to a stopping point. I've been up nearly 24 hours straight and I only slept a few hours the night before. It's pageant time! The Little Miss Mermaid Pageant we have been planning for so long is finally happening tomorrow. I'm a giant ball of energy in perpetual motion. And I am literally checking my lists and checking them twice! LOL

This is the outfit I wore today as I dashed around madly about from place to place. My day started at 4:30 a.m. -- did I say that already? I had to be at daughter's house by 6:30 a.m. to sit for my grandchildren Little Rudy and Miss Peach and I live over an hour from them. They moved to a little country house that I hadn't been to yet so I had to make sure I gave myself enough time to get lost and find myself again so I wouldn't make daughter late for work. Thankfully, she gave excellent directions and I went straight to the place without any trouble. It is such a darling little country farm house with a giant yard full of mature oak trees. The yard is surrounded by pasture and forest. I was in hog heaven. It was so soothing there! And she has an old time wrap around porch on the front of the house. Loved sitting out on the porch and listening to the birds sing and watching the cattle graze.

The shirt is another one of my Halloween time purchases. It says Good Witch / Bad Witch and has check boxes as though you were going to determine which one you are. I never checked one - I figure keep people guessing. ;) I have on my long sweater blazer with the fringe, my trainers I've shown you before and some gray knee pants that are decidedly too big in the waist. I actually began the day with a gray vest with butterfly tail but somewhere in all my travels I lost it. But it is found - my Mom called and told me I left it there. I'll pick it up on the next whirlwind visit.


This was my last project of the night before heading off to bed to get at least a few winks before I hit the ground at a dead run again. Miss Peach can't compete in the Little Miss Mermaid Pageant because her GiGi and Mommy are the ones putting on the show. But when you're used to taking the stage, you gotta do something. And this is what that something is. Miss Peach is going to do a little entertainment during halftime. Her music will be the Octopus Garden song by the Beatles. I'm not much of an artist but you do what you gotta do in the name of love for your wee ones. I'm just glad Miss Peach isn't old enough to say "GiGi, that's ugly". LOL  As I sit looking at this creation, I see that the lips are definitely odd but hey, it's an octopus - plus it is my *artistic rendition* of what an octopus looks like, if it were pink and had a garden and attended pageants. So, it has a hair bow - yes that old timey purple hot water bottle looking thing on top of the head is actually supposed to be a hair bow. Didn't I say I wasn't much of an artist? Well, if I didn't say it, I should have. LOL And in case it isn't obvious, the big green things are sea weeds .... of some kind. Plankton maybe? I don't know, I'm stretching here -- I saw a cute little video someone made to the Octopus song and I used it for inspiration. Let's just say if they saw what I have done, I don't think they would see the resemblance. One last thing I notice is poor Octopus has messed up lashes on the right and her bottom lashes are completely missing. I'm too tired to deal with it tonight. Besides, the markers are packed. 

So, this is it for Day 42. Day 43 will show me in my Sea Captain get up that I'm wearing to the pageant. Argh maties, until tomorrow, good night and may the winds favor your sails.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...