Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 43 Count Down to Funky 55

Sorry I'm so late in posting today. Yesterday was pageant day and I got all caught up in preparation for that. I was up nearly 24 hours, slept 3 hours and then hit the day at dead run. But every drop of it was awesome! Sadly, we didn't get a photo of me alone and I can't post photos from the pageant because of privacy issues for children. However, here is an excerpt of me and what I was wearing. I was a Sea Captain! And daughter was my First Mate and Granddaughter was our tiny little Mermaidette... :)


The hat is one I've worn before in other photos. I got it from an antique store on vacation one year. The same place I got by big Unicorn head. I will have to find a photo of the Unicorn so you can see it. The jacket I had on is one that I bought at Hot Topic. Yes, us grown ups like that store too! Under it I wore a white lace ruffled shirt. I wore by long black ruffle skirt and a brown underskirt beneath it for privacy. However, it was raining so I hitched up the sides and pinned them in place so they wouldn't drag through rain water. I got so many compliments and things were such a whirl, I never unpinned it, so I went all through the day with the sides of my skirt hitched up and my brown underskirt showing. My footwear was my ever faithful tromp sole lace up boots with zippers in the sides. I dearly love them but my feet did not after 8 hours of standing non-stop. I will definitely have to wear something kinder to my feet next time for extending standing like that.

The show was a success in every way but financially. But money isn't everything, right? We will tweak our system and come back stronger and better than every. Next pageant is Alice in Wonderland theme and I will be the Mad Hatter! Funky 55 Count Down will be over by then, but don't worry, you know me, I'll have to share photos of me anyway.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...