Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 36 Count Down to Funky 55

Fun, fun! We went to the Boomerang Diner today. Don't you love this tin ceiling?


I like to sit in a booth that lets me view this sign. And even though I know what it says, I read it every time. Can you read it? I will put the answer at the very bottom. What I ate wasn't very cholesterol or heart friendly but it was delicious. When I come here, which isn't very often these days, I get the burger basket which is a bacon cheese burger and fries. I must have been exceptionally hungry because today, I ate the whole thing. And I was so fixated on my food, that I had it completely consumed before I thought of pictures so you don't get to see my plate in all of its deliciousness. You'll just have to trust me on this one.


I look overly comfy sprawled out in this booth but I only sat like this for the photo. I'm wearing an outfit similar to yesterday -- same sort of top with different colors, and a black a-line skirt I think it's called. Same boots. I know, boots seem hot for warm weather but it has been rainy and dreary so it really wasn't too hot. On thing I added to the outfit today is a black vest -- don't know what else to call it... - and I belted it. This was my *Dalyndra* belt -- one of them anyway. I will run across the other one in a box before long and I will gladly wear it as well. Who is *Dalyndra*? She was my living history persona when I was part of the King Arthur Faire.


I very much miss Dalyndra, Celtic Queen of Dalriada. All her belongings are in a box. Yes, I do talk about her as though she were a real person -- that is how developed she was as a persona. I knew/know her as though she were a real person that has moved away from my life. Some day, I will dress like her again and take her for a stroll. I should have done this year at Oklahoma Renaissance Faire. There is always next year -- that gives me plenty of time to find all her things that are packed away.... somewhere -- and that's a big place -- 3 different houses and a storage garage. I mentioned once that I was a hoarder - yeah, sucks. I'm working on it. Not as much as I should be but I am trying. The thought is with me every day, so throwing something out on a daily basis is a big deal for me. Small progress but it is progress.

What does the sign say?

Here stop and spend a social hour in harmless mirth and fun - let friendship reign be just and kind and evil speak of none.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...