Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Peculiar Children

It isn't often that I allow myself the luxury of reading for entertainment - 1) because I love learning and focus most of my attention on that; and 2) if I get hooked on a *for fun* book I go down the rabbit hole until it is done so it takes me out of life for the two or three days that it takes to read it.  Well, today I do believe I have stepped in it.  I found an author that has written not one but TWO intriguing books: "Home for Peculiar Children" and "Hollow City."  Both are about Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children.  I knew I was hooked when I read this in the blurb of Hollow City: "Ten peculiar children flee an army of deadly monsters.  And only one person can help them -- but she is trapped in the body of a bird."  Inside the book were the most eerie vintage photos ever. (An interview with the author included in the back of the book indicates the photos are from his vintage photograph collection of real children. From that collection his stories were born.)   I knew I wanted to read it so I latched on to it.  But then I saw that there was a book that preceded it so the hunt was on! I had to have it and start this whole mess at the beginning.


(photo source is linked from Wikipedia)

The exciting thing about finding the first book was reading a blip inside of it that said "...it's no wonder Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children has been snapped up by Twentieth Century Fox."  That led me to think there is a movie on the horizon.

In jumping around searching for info on the movie deal, I found on good old Wikipedia article regarding the first book that Tim Burton will be the director of the movie.  That certainly sounds like a good fit for the books.

I will definitely have to watch for the movies.  By then, I should have both books well under my belt and ready.  Don't disappoint me Mr. Burton.  Somehow I doubt that you will....

I'm off on my reading adventure now...

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be,
Rayven Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...