Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 35 Count Down to Funky 55

Here I am on Day 35 clowning around in front of the local movie theater. This was a rather cool drawing on the windows of Spiderman but from the outside of the theater he looked a bit ghosty. Somehow, it seemed appropriate to be goofy in front of it and have hubs snap my photo. He is good to indulge me about things like that.


I have on one of my summer float dresses over a black skirt. I decided to let it float today and not belt it. I am a bit weird about sleeveless things -- I think that is from all my years working in corporate where that is more or less off limits. In the work world, it was pretty much no bare shoulders and if they were bare, they seemed to be very wide shoulders -- not wimpy thin or string straps unless you had a shrug or jacket over it. I just don't like burnt arms and shoulders or to be cold in a restaurant or theater so I either use a shawl, shrug or like today, a shirt under the dress. I was very comfortable today.



And of course, I had to get a photo with the Maleficent posters. This movie was awesome but I don't have to tell you, if you've gone to see it. It very much reminded me of the lessons our Living History Leader used to tell us when some of us were assigned *bad* characters. No character ever really sees themselves as bad -- they are just a person living through a situation with their individual thoughts and feelings and they have reasons for what they do. Maleficent played very nicely into that. I admit it -- I cried at times. It moved me very much. When you watch the movie, you will see that she started out with childlike innocence and fairness and then had a major betrayal that fouled her outlook on life for a very long time. I love these fairy tales retold with modern spins. Once upon a time story telling around a late night fire was *the* entertainment so even an old story done well by the story teller was really something. Each story teller having their own way of telling the tale. What can I say -- I love stories, I love books, I love movies. I will definitely own a copy of this one when it comes out.


This photo was just for fun. It was supposed to be a selfie of me and hubs in front of the Maleficent poster. After several attempts, this was the only one that had both of us in it where you could see our faces. I'm sure my camera has reverse photo but I haven't dug around in the settings enough to know where it is. Guess I will have to take the time to do so because the *guess what* shots ended up being "guess what, you didn't get the shot". But it was fun and hubs and I were giggling like crazy -- me because I was being silly and him because my silliness was infectious. I guess if you have to get infected by someone, being infected by humor and silliness is the way to go.

Bright Blessings and Blessed Be!
Rayven Michaels
Wiccan Witch of the Midwest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words to Live By - Do You Know What Yours Are?

When a person follows a pre-constructed religious path, all the tenants of faith are laid out for them and they have but to apply them to th...